What’s in it for you?
- Connects you to others—make new friends and contacts.
- Be a part of something that has a huge impact on your community. Volunteers are often the glue that holds communities together!
- Volunteering is good for your mind and body. Give your self-confidence, self-esteem and life satisfaction a healthy boost!
- Volunteering brings fun and fulfillment into your life. Explore your interests and your passions. Doing Volunteer work that you find meaningful and interesting can be an energizing escape from your normal routine!
Who is Community Living Campbellford/Brighton?
We are a non-profit organization and have proudly served the communities of Campbellford, Brighton, Colborne, Cobourg, Hastings, Havelock and Warkworth for over 55 years!
In 1960, founder Mary Cook dreamed that her daughter would live in an inclusive community at a time when doctors recommended provincial institutions.
We believe, as Mrs. Cook did, that people with intellectual disabilities have the right to live in and participate in their community.
Our job is to help people in ways that require as little paid support in their lives as possible so they have friends, acquaintances, neighbours and community to ensure they lead full and meaningful lives.
What we’ve learned
- We can’t do it alone.
- It’s crucial to involve other community minded people with a broad range of interests.
- The most successful connections happen through networking.
- People who are involved in the life of their community and have friends and acquaintances are… safer, more satisfied with their life, less lonely, and have more opportunities to learn, grow and develop independence.
To accomplish this, we need Volunteers like you! We want to facilitate friendships, develop our community, and increase people’s opportunities and experiences.
Many people who use our services would like to meet people:
- Who share similar interests.
- Who can introduce them to new interests.
- Who aren’t paid to spend time with them.
We want to hear from you!
We have many Volunteer opportunities. Volunteer roles are often just sharing things you already do such as…
- Walk at Presqu’ile?
- Attend classes at the YMCA?
- Spend time on your boat, at the beach or at the mall?
- Spend time gardening, enjoying music, antiquing?
- Catch a hockey or baseball game?
Help inspire new possibilities and make a difference today.
Community Living Campbellford/Brighton 65 Bridge St, E. P.O. Box 1360 Campbellford ON K0K 1L0