What is the ‘Supported Independent Living’ program?
The Supported Independent Living (SIL) program is ideal for adults with an intellectual disability that require minimal and individualized support in areas such as finances, home management and developing community connections. People may opt to live independently or with roommates of their own choosing.
Who can apply for SIL?
Community Living Campbellford/Brighton (CLC/B) provides supports to people living independently throughout Northumberland County. Services are available to adults (18 years of age or older) with an intellectual disability.
What are the benefits of the Supported Independent Living program?
- The SIL program is uniquely tailored to each person and his/her respective needs. This means that the person- directed supports will change as the person’s needs change.
- CLC/B works in collaboration with people and their families in order to create innovative, sustainable and independent living options.
- People may opt to live independently, or with roommates of their own choosing.
- Support is flexible and can potentially move with if the person changes dwellings.
- CLC/B has the capacity to independently facilitate SIL services, but is also prepared to work as a member of a larger network providing one or more components of support.
Where are the Supported Independent Living services located?
The SIL program provides supports to independent people living in their own home. Supports are not provided around the clock; but may range from a few hours to several hours per week.
The frequency, schedule, and content of the supports provided are aimed at enhancing people’s ability to live as independently as possible.
Supported Independent Living also offers Outreach Support to people with intellectual disabilities who live with their families. This support provides assistance in developing community connections and promotes social and recreational opportunities based on the person’s interests.
How do I apply for SIL?
The SIL program at Community Living Campbellford/Brighton is available through government-funding AND on a fee-for-service basis. You can apply for funding by contacting Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) by phone at 1.855.277.2121 or by email at email@example.com.
To learn more about the application process please visit the DSO website at www.dsontario.ca or call Community Living Campbellford/Brighton at 705.653.1821.
For More About This Program
Please contact Donna Desjardins, Director of Support & Services
65 Bridge St East, P.O. Box 1360
Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
Phone: 705.653.1821 Ext. 215
Toll Free: 1.866.528.0825 Ext. 215
Help inspire new possibilities and make a difference today.
Community Living Campbellford/Brighton 65 Bridge St, E. P.O. Box 1360 Campbellford ON K0K 1L0