What is Passport Funding?
The Passport program was first introduced in 2005 by the Ontario Ministry of Community and Social Services (MCSS). Passport is designed to provide funding for community participation and/or caregiver respite services and supports.
The amount of funding a person can receive depends on the needs identified in his/her Developmental Services Application. This application is completed with the Developmental Services Ontario (DSO) office.
What can I do with Passport Funds?
You can use your Passport funds to pay for:
- Developing a Person-Directed Plan.
- Fund Brokerage and Administration.
- Registration fees, travel expenses, and supports you need to participate in educational programs, volunteer activities, and employment opportunities.
- Activities of daily living that enhance social skills, independent living, and personal management.
- Caregiver Respite.
Where can I learn more?
Passport Guidelines and a Person-Directed Planning Guide can be found at the Ministry of Community and Social Services website (www.mcss.gov.on.ca).
Who can apply for Passport Funds?
The Passport program is for residents of Ontario with a developmental disability who:
- Are 18 years of age or older.
- Need support to participate in the community while they are still in school, OR have left school and are living in a supportive living arrangement (such as a Community Home, Family Home, or with roommates).
- Are receiving, or are eligible to receive, Employment Supports from the Ontario Disability Support Program; and/or are participating in a Ministry-funded day/community participation program.
Note: A student age 16 or 17 may apply to the Passport Program while they are still in school, but the application cannot be funded until the person has turned 18.
How do I apply for Passport Funding?
The Passport Program at Community Living Campbellford/Brighton is available through government-funding AND on a fee-for-service basis. You can apply for Passport funding by contacting Developmental Services Ontario by phone at 1-855-277-2121 or by email at email@example.com. If you want to learn more about the application process you can also visit the DSO website at www.dsontario.ca or call Community Living Campbellford/Brighton at 705-653-1821.
I have been approved for Passport funding. Now what?
Once your funding amount has been determined and is available, you can choose to:
- Have Community Living Campbellford/ Brighton (CLC/B) administer your funding, develop a person-directed plan, and access/ schedule qualified direct support professionals (10% Administration Fee ). This service ensures all reporting procedures, financial accountability, and required service guidelines expected from MCSS are met, or
- Receive and manage your funds independently, including all required administration, reporting and human resource management.
For More About This Program
Please contact Donna Desjardins, Director of Support & Services
65 Bridge St East, P.O. Box 1360
Campbellford, ON K0L 1L0
Phone: 705.653.1821 Ext. 215
Toll Free: 1.866.528.0825 Ext. 215
Help inspire new possibilities and make a difference today.
Community Living Campbellford/Brighton 65 Bridge St, E. P.O. Box 1360 Campbellford ON K0K 1L0