Who can make a complaint?
- Anyone receiving Community Living Campbellford/Brighton support and services
- Family members or representatives
- The general public or anyone who has concerns about the quality of support and services offered by Community Living Campbellford/ Brighton
How can I make a complaint?
Submit your complaint verbally or in writing to:
Director of Quality Enhancement & Community Development
P.O. Box 1360
705-653-1821 Ext: 204
P.O. Box 1360
705-653-1821 Ext: 211
Write a letter to the Board of Directors explaining all the details of your complaint, including the steps that have been taken in attempts to find a resolution.
What to Expect
If you have a complaint we will listen and respond. We are committed to ensuring satisfaction with the quality of support and services offered by Community Living Campbellford/Brighton.
After you submit a complaint you will receive a reply within 3 business days.
You will be guided through our complaint process to ensure you know exactly what to expect:
- You will have the opportunity to discuss your complaint and work toward resolving your concerns to your satisfaction, as quickly as possible.
- All efforts will be made to investigate and resolve your concerns to your satisfaction within 5 business days.
- All formal complaints and resolutions will be documented. You will be given a copy of the Summary Report. The appropriate Director will also receive a copy of the report.
- All details would be kept in Community Living Campbellford/Brighton’s database system and will be accessible to the Director of Quality Enhancement & Community Development and the Executive Director.
- Community Living Campbellford/Brighton will provide a copy of our written policies and procedures to any person who requests it.
- Information about providing feedback and/or complaints is available on the website at www.communitylivingcampbellford.com.
- If the complaint is one of alleged, suspected or witnessed abuse that may constitute a criminal offence, it will be reported to police as required by Ontario Regulation 299/10 regarding quality assurance measures made under the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and as detailed in CLC/B’s Policy R-6 Management and Prevention of Abuse, Neglect, Mistreatment and Exploitation.
- If the complaint/feedback meets the criteria of a Serious Occurrence it will be reported to the Ministry of Community and Social Services in accordance with the reporting requirements set out in the Services and Supports to Promote the Social Inclusion of Persons with Developmental Disabilities Act, 2008 and as detailed in CLC/B’s Policy ER-3 Reporting of Serious Occurrences.
- It is expected that all people involved directly or indirectly in a complaint will be free from coercion, intimidation or bias before during and after the investigation/ review. To avoid a conflict of interest that may arise between the person making the complaint and those involved the lead investigator will not directly supervise any person or program involved in the complaint.
What else can you do?
If you do not feel that you can resolve your concerns within Community Living Campbellford/Brighton, in accordance with Community Living Campbellford/Brighton’s Policy R-3; Feedback, Complaints, Griev- ances and Appeals you have the right to get outside help.
You may contact:
Ministry of Community and Social Services Central East Region
465 Davis Drive
483 Bay Street,
10th Floor, South Tower
Toronto, Ontario M5G 2C9
Help inspire new possibilities and make a difference today.
Community Living Campbellford/Brighton 65 Bridge St, E. P.O. Box 1360 Campbellford ON K0K 1L0