Below is a video that speaks to parents (families) of a child (person) with a disability. It is never too early or too late to start planning for the future of a child living with a disability. Recognizing this, Community Living Ontario, the Ministry of Community & Social Services and Partners for Planning have collaborated to produce a FREE, dynamic resource hub for parents and caregivers. Visit Partners for Planning and learn what they have to offer.
Director of Finance and Administration
Community Living Campbellford/Brighton is a non-profit organization that provides support and services to people with an intellectual disability that promotes opportunities for personal growth within their community. We are a Nationally Accredited organization and have maintained our Accreditation standing at the highest level possible in each of our four quality reviews facilitated by CQL Canada.
The Director of Finance and Administration is an integral member of the Executive Team and oversees the Finance, Administration and Information Technology functions at Community Living Campbellford/Brighton. In this role you will be responsible for ensuring current best practices are in place for these areas of responsibility.
Key Responsibilities will include the following:
- Cash and Risk Management
- Accounting and Administration/IT, Policies, Procedures and Controls
- Board monthly and annual financial statements and reports
- Preparation and monitoring of Budgets
- Ministry and other Funding monthly and annual Reporting
- Supervise and oversee responsibilities of Finance Staff
- Ensure an Information Technology strategy is in place
- Projects future IT system needs.
The successful candidate will have a professional certification (CPA – CA, CMA, CGA) and a minimum 3 years of finance and management experience in a Not for Profit organization. A strong computer aptitude and proficiency, including MS Excel skills, Acc Pac accounting program, and Information systems. Proven experience with producing Board and Executive Director level presentations on financial status of the organization are also a necessity.
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Excellent judgment and creative problem solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Strong mentoring and coaching experience to a team with diverse levels of expertise
- Be able to multitask and stay organized
- Ability to effectively interface with Senior Management , the Board of Directors, staff and external parties
- Thorough knowledge of governmental regulations and reporting requirements.
- Knowledge of related auditing functions.
- Technical understanding of automated accounting and other organization information systems
- Strong supervisory skills
- Strong communication skills
For more organizational information please visit our website at www.communitylivingcampbellford.com
To be considered for this position, you must be passionate about the work we do, and share our organizational values. Please submit your resume and cover letter by 4:00 p.m. February 20, 2015 to Nancy Brown, Executive Director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
PDF of DIRECTOR OF FINANCE ADMINISTRATION Jan 2015
This is a program of 9 short films all by, for, and about women.
February 14, 2015
54 Bridge St Campbellford, Ontario
Tickets : $20 General/ $12 Student
For more information visit www.lunafest.org
Phone: 705-748-5901 or 705-653-5446
Everyone at Community Living Campbellford/Brighton wish all of you a Very Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Remember our office is closed Wednesday Dec 24th at noon until Monday Jan 5, 2015 at 8:30AM.
In an emergency please call our on call number 800-668-9920
Campbellford Office Supplies and More…..Store Flyer
Sale offered from Dec 1, 2014 to Dec 31, 2014!